Saturday, August 26, 2006

not so great at sharing, huh?


I haven't posted anything here for a very long time. I've spent hours and hours scanning stuff, but when I start browsing through my folders, I don't see anything worthy of public display. Not that this is any more worthy than anything else, it's just time to get back in the swing of things.

I'm not sure who this woman is. I started with the cat eye glasses and was thinking of Aunt Dee. She and Aunt Karen have been having some issues recently and I (jokingly) offered to make Karen a voodoo doll to take her aggressions out on, which promted me to start thinking about what details I would use to convey that this was representing Dee.

The cat eye glasses. For sure. She's sporting them in her 8th grade graduation picture. The only other thing that stands out to me about her (as a physical characteristic) is a picture of her with her skinny little legs poking out of her communion gown at the hospital while recovering from rheumatic fever. Beyond that, I'm at a loss.... and I'm not making the doll anyway. It was just something to ponder.

But this looks more like my mom. Who also sported some cat eyes back in the day.

No comments: