Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Aren't friends amazing?




i've been more than a little stressed about life lately. it's been that kind of stress that wounds my ego, zaps my hopes, kills my dreams and makes me hide from the phone and unexpected knocking at the door. the kind that makes me wish to be invisible.

always, in my darkest times, a little ray of hope named laura (lolo, if you're part of the popular crowd) arrives to brighten things.

she provides the silver wings of my escape, pillows soft as clouds to refresh my dreams and the space to renew my hope. these aren't the only things she provides, they are just a few of the things that fall under the title of: bestest buddy and life long pal.

it's only when she steals me away that i have a chance to not think; to forget it all for a little while and just be me; not the disgruntled wife, irritated mother, exasperated daughter, or frustrated human, that plagues my real, everyday existence.

when i'm with her, my mind drifts to recollections of acidic gas, and president gas, postal trucks, horse-faced girls, border refusals, popsicle parking and the better: snack bar. bridges, tunnels and canadian beer. and that ouzo will eat the paint off a car when mixed with stomach bile. i recall a truck from ohio full of boys showing their asses.... and keeping their socks! i recall murder and mayhem touching our lives, so much heartache... and canadian cops that don't like vodka & oj when it's thrown at them by angry american brats. lady bugs, and blue hornets and horny friends better left in the past. i laugh. i remember. i forget the troubles of today and realize that this is what makes a life: getting through it and making a memory for tomorrow.

i will laugh until my gut hurts. i will play until i collapse from exhaustion. i will eat until i'm stuffed and i will sleep until i'm me, again. and throughout this journey, i will remember how to dream and return to hope.

i have the best of everything... friend and gift... all in one.

3 comments:

Ash said...

This is so beautifully written it leaves me at a near loss for words.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Kim said...

Found you thru Suziblu! I just had to post a little "Amen Sista" to you after reading this! I know EXACTLY where you are coming from as I feel like this on a daily basis! Isn't it great to have those kind of friends...GIRLFRIENDS ROCK! I have one in particular that could easily be the long lost sister to your friend!!! I think a lot of my frustration comes from being the only female in the house. Even my dogs are male!!! Keep on creating!!!