Friday, November 18, 2005

what's my sign?


I've been staring at this sign for years. It's what I see when I look out the window from my seat on the couch. I decided since it was such a regular part of my life, it deserved a photograph of it's own. I think it will end up as the cover for a photo album I keep, honoring the effort of pulling our home into the current century. I think we'll be well into the next century before we get there...

It's an actual photograph, colored with my latest new toy... caran d'ache neocolors II.

They're kind of like a regular crayon, but much smoother, water soluable and very blendable. They provide better coverage with a much smoother finish than regular crayons. I like Crayola's portfolio water soluable oil pastels, too; but these are different. Firmer... less messy.

This paper (regular ink jet paper) wasn't the best surface for working on. Blending was nearly impossible and the addition of water just makes a big mess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.